“Roots has always offered awesome tools for theme developers who want a great head start and aren’t afraid to try the latest and greatest. The latest version of the very popular Roots starter theme has been renamed to Sage and now has even more magic to make your life better when developing WordPress themes.”
This is a good place to get started on designing your own themes.
Bunch of free themes from the WP repository – new ones that caught my eye
- WordPress › Advent « Free WordPress Themes
- WordPress › Brawny « Free WordPress Themes
- WordPress › e.nigma 2015 « Free WordPress Themes
- WordPress › Engross « Free WordPress Themes
- WordPress › Kage Green « Free WordPress Themes
I’m looking for workflows to automate scraping. Beautiful Soup is written in Python partially for that purpose.
This is the bit that Beautiful Soup uses to extract excerpts from articles.
More Python – builtin modules.
Declarative wireframes based on web technologies.
- The Structure of a Proper Client Proposal That Will Land You a Blogging Gig
– The Blog : @ProBlogger
Survey says Client Proposals are a big waste of time, for everybody concerned.
Some musings on Developers and Development.
This one is Ruby it has an official expension to support blogging, articles and tagging. Requirements – Ruby, Rubygems and Xcode.
WordPress Plugin Betas
Yes the mothership is making available Beta plugins, the ones intended to be incorporated into Core.
- WordPress › Beta Testing « WordPress Plugins
- WordPress › Customize Partial Refresh « WordPress Plugins
- WordPress › Customizer Theme Switcher « WordPress Plugins
- WordPress › Front-end Editor « WordPress Plugins
- WordPress › Menu Customizer « WordPress Plugins
- WordPress › Press This « WordPress Plugins
- WordPress › WP REST API (WP API) « WordPress Plugins