• 1 – atom/atom
Atom is a text editor that’s modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file.
Summary: It has been touted as a Node.js Editor alongside Sublime Text and Cloud 9.
- Described as a feature for feature clone of Sublime
- Web applicaton wrapped in a destop shell inside a WebKit instance.
- Written mostly in CoffeeScript
- Plugins = Packages
- Based on Python
- Highly extensible – runs on OSX Windows and Linux
- Latest version Sublime Text 3 – Build 3083
- Free evaluation $70 License – looks like a $30 upgrade from version 2.
Cloud 9 IDE
- Runs in the browser based in the cloud
- There is Cloud9 Chrome extension
- Free for open source projects and $20 per month for more than 1 private project.
Head to head comparison here.