- Kansas State University researchers make breakthrough toward understanding glyphosate resistance in pigweeds | AgroPages
- AMVAC sales up 14% in 2017 | AgroPages
- Bayer moves its transparency initiative into the next phase | AgroPages
- Belchim launches natural herbicide Katoun Gold as alternative to glyphosate | AgroPages
- Build the industrial chain to have a say in the industry | AgroPages
- China conditionally OKs Bayer’s buy of Monsanto | AgroPages
- FarmHannong to present a new herbicide called TODOME MF in Japan via its local partner Kaken | AgroPages
- Heranba: Whole Industry Chain to Guarantee High-quality Pyrethroids Products | AgroPages
- Interview Series 3: Future Development Trends for Crop Protection | AgroPages
- Public feedback on India draft pesticide bill | AgroPages
- Sapec Agro launches Montana Supra herbicide in Portugal | AgroPages
- Sasol and HELM AG reach long-term marketing agreement | AgroPages
- Syngenta: The power of brands over generics | AgroPages
The Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) invites the public to submit written comments on the proposed registration decision for Autographa californica Nucleopolyhedrovirus FV11 and Loopex FC.
Proposed Registration Decision PRD2018–04 is a consultation document that summarizes the science evaluation for Autographa californica Nucleopolyhedrovirus FV11 and Loopex FC and presents the reasons for the proposed decision.
*The PMRA will consider any comments received before making a final decision on Autographa californica Nucleopolyhedrovirus FV11 and Loopex FC.
Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus (AcMNPV) is a naturally occurring baculovirus within the genus Alphabaculovirus.
It is infectious to cabbage looper larvae (Trichoplusia ni). To be effective, deposits of AcMNPV must be ingested by susceptible larvae.
This looks as though it will be distributed by Plant Products and comes from Sylvar Technologies, Fredericton New Brunswick.
The Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) invites the public to submit written comments on the proposed registration decision for 2,6-Diisopropylnaphthalene Aceto Amplify II.
Proposed Registration Decision PRD2018–05 is a consultation document that summarizes the science evaluation for 2,6-Diisopropylnaphthalene Aceto Amplify II and presents the reasons for the proposed decision.
The PMRA will consider any comments received before making a final decision on 2,6-Diisopropylnaphthalene Aceto Amplify II.
- 2,6-Diisopropylnaphthalene (2,6-DIPN) is structurally similar to other plant growth regulators commonly found in plant tissues, and seems to help inhibit the sprouting of potatoes during storage.
- 2,6-DIPN is intended for use in the manufacturing of pesticide products intended to prevent sprouting of stored potatoes.
Folpet is a registered pesticide used by agricultural workers to control fungal diseases on crops, and is used in industrial applications to control fungi on vinyl plastics.
Folpet is also used to preserve paints and coatings, but these uses are undergoing a separate re-evaluation. Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) is consulting Canadians on proposed changes to the way folpet can be used for crops and plastics due to health and environmental concerns, following a scheduled re-evaluation under the PMRA’s Re-evaluation Program.
Folpet product names include Fungitrol and Folpan (find full label names and labels for all registered products in the pesticide label search database.)
The proposed changes include:
- Cancellation of uses on cranberries and cut flowers to protect worker health
- Longer required wait times before workers can re-enter certain treated areas
- Additional protective equipment requirements for those handling folpet
- Cancellation of azalea stem soak use due to a lack of data to properly assess safety
- Cancellation of use for treating vinyl plastics to protect worker health
- Updated aquatic buffer zones to protect non-target organisms from spray drift
- Addition of advisory statements to labels to reduce risks to bystanders and non-target organisms
Canadian Product Labels
|10565||SURE-GRO IP INC.*||WILSON ROSE DOCTOR INSECTICIDE-FUNGICIDE||REGISTERED|
|15605||TROY CHEMICAL CORPORATION*||FUNGITROL 11 POWDER||REGISTERED|
|15654||ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS CANADA LTD.||FOLPAN 50WP (FOLPET) FUNGICIDE||REGISTERED|
|22040||ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS CANADA LTD.||FOLPAN FOLPET TECHNICAL||REGISTERED|
|27733||ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS CANADA LTD.||FOLPAN 80 WDG||REGISTERED|
|28993||TROY CHEMICAL CORPORATION*||FUNGITROL 11–50S FUNGICIDE||REGISTERED|
|32819||753146 AB LTD. O/A ULTRASOL INDUSTRIES||DOKTOR DOOM FORMULA 420 PROFESSIONAL USE 3-IN–1 CROP & PLANT RESCUE CO||REGISTERED|
|32831||753146 AB LTD. O/A ULTRASOL INDUSTRIES||DOKTOR DOOM FORMULA 420 3-IN–1 CROP & PLANT RESCUE CONCENTRATE||REGISTERED|
|32832||753146 AB LTD. O/A ULTRASOL INDUSTRIES||DOKTOR DOOM FORMULA 420 3-IN–1 CROP & PLANT RESCUE READY-TO-SPRAY||REGISTERED|
- These are lawn and garden registrations – folpet is one of the better fungicides on black spot of rose.
Registration Number : 33033
Product Name : MPOWER SAMURAI HERBICIDE
Registrant Name : NEWAGCO INC
Registration Status : REGISTERED
Date of First Registration : 2018–03–14
Last Sale by Registrant :
Last Sale by Retail :
Expiry Date of Registration : 2023–12–31
Marketing Type : COMMERCIAL
Active Ingredient(s): IMAZAMOX
PIN: rac–5-(methoxymethyl)–2-[(4R)–4-methyl–5-oxo–4-(propan–2-yl)–4,5-dihydro–1H-imidazol–2-yl]pyridine–3- carboxylic acid IUPAC: 2-[(RS)–4-isopropyl–4-methyl–5-oxo–2-imidazolin–2-yl]–5-methoxymethylnicotinic acid
CASN = 114311–32–9 ( GUAR = )
Used for post-emergent grass and broadleaf control in forages, edible legumes and soybeans (in the US at least).
- Coceral: Difficulties faced by European farmers in combining management techniques against storage insect infestation | AgroPages
- Price and Supply: continuation of China’s pesticide technical and formulation faces severe challenges | AgroPages